- Child Angel provides a wireless device and service to help parents/guardians, monitor, track and locate their children. This is a data driven service.
- The device will automatically collect the physical location from the device at all times when activated. Child Angel also receives data about the use of the device and the accompanying application.
- Child Angel will use this information to provide the location-based services and to contact the parents/guardians regarding the service and other information.
Last updated: 1st September 2016.
We have notified the Information Commissioner of our data uses under the UK Data Protection Act 1998 and are registered in the United Kingdom. We will only use the information that we collect about you lawfully in accordance with the Act and this policy.
Personal information collected through the Child Angel App:
Through the Child Angel App we may collect your name, email address, date of birth and other personal information, as well as that of the child who will use the Child Angel Device. We do not collect personal information from you unless you voluntarily provide it to us.
“We do not store credit card details nor do we share financial details with any 3rd parties”
Location-based information collected through the Child Angel Service:
The Child Angel Device automatically and constantly collects information about the physical location of the Child Angel Device when it is activated. This information is acquired through numerous methods, including GPS, cell towers and Wi-Fi hot spots, which are enhanced over time as we follow the Child Angel device, collect more information and improve our tracking. You may not disable location-based data collection from the Child Angel device. We may also collect such location-based information through your use of the Child Angel App.
Non-personal or aggregate information that we collect:
We automatically collect non-personal information from your use of the Child Angel Service, such as IP host address, device-specific identifiers, computer or smartphone configurations, pages viewed, time and usage habits on the Child Angel Service and similar data. It is possible at times when collecting non-personal information through automatic means that we may unintentionally collect or receive personal information that is mixed in with the non-personal information. While we will make reasonable efforts to prevent such incidental data collection, the possibility still exists. If we do inadvertently collect personal information, we will not intentionally use such personal information as if we had collected it with your consent. We may also aggregate demographic information collected from our users (such as the number of users in a particular area) in a manner, which does not identify any one individual.
Information Usage and Third Party Sharing:
Personal information and location-based information is treated as sensitive information by Child Angel and are subject to a heightened standard for sharing, as opposed to non-personal or de-identified information which may be shared with any number of parties.
Therefore, we may use your information to:
- Respond to your inquires or requests;
- Send you information about the Child Angel Service (such as promotions, maintenance or security information);
- Send you a limited number of offers for additional products and services that may interest you, but we will not provide your personal information to third parties for them to contact you directly for their own benefit without your consent;
- Permit our vendors and subcontractors to perform services, provided they are under an obligation of confidentiality and do not use the information for their own benefit;
- Comply with applicable law or legal process;
- Provide to a third party for their own use, such as marketing, but only if you have specifically opted-in to such third party sharing;
- Investigate suspected fraud, harassment, danger to persons or property or other violations of any law, rule or regulation, or the terms or policies for the Child Angel Service or our business partners;
- Share with law enforcement and other parties trying to locate a lost child, including sharing the last known location and movements, of the related Child Angel device;
- Develop and enhance our own data, such as through tracking the location of your Child Angel device, provided that any disclosures of such data does not specifically identify you, your Child Angel device or your specific location;
- Transfer information in connection with the sale or merger or change of control of Child Angel or the division responsible for the services with which your information is associated;
- Share non-personal or de-identified information with any number of parties, including analytics companies, technology providers and other business partners; or
- Combine it with data from other sources outside of your use of the Child Angel Service, such as data obtained from Wi-Fi access points within range of your Child Angel device.
Auto deletion of data:
We may automatically delete data from a Child Angel device or from the Child Angel App in connection with a returned or terminated account or device, or as necessary to protect against unauthorized access to the data.
The security of your information is very important to us. We use reasonable efforts internally at Child Angel to protect it from unauthorized access. However, due to the inherent open nature of the Internet and wireless communications, we cannot guarantee that your personal information will be completely free from unauthorized access by third parties, such when transferred over or through systems not within our exclusive control. Your use of our Child Angel Service demonstrates your assumption of this risk. We have put in place reasonable physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard the information we collect. Only those employees who need access to your information in order to perform their duties are authorized to have access to your personal information. For more information on protecting your privacy, please visit www.ico.org.uk
Personal information from children:
While the Child Angel Device is designed to be worn by a child, our customer is the applicable parent/guardian or other adult over 18 years of age who has enabled the Child Angel Service. By providing the Child Angel Device to a child, you represent and warrant to Child Angel that you are authorized by such child’s parent or guardian to enable and permit Child Angel to operate the Child Angel Service and collect and use the information from the child as stated herein.
We may retain your information for as long as we feel that there is a business need or benefit to do so. This will include retaining location-based information.
Child Angel Data collected through use of the Child Angel Device and/or the Child Angel App, including location information, frequency of use and emergency contact information is generally not available to customers for their own, direct access.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org specific questions about access to any collected data.
As a convenience to you, we may provide links to third party services from within our Child Angel Service. We are not responsible for the privacy practices or content of these third party services and such links should not be construed as an endorsement of any such third party services. When you follow a link to third party services from our Child Angel Service, you do so at your own risk.
You may unsubscribe from our marketing messages. All unsubscribe or opt-out requests should be sent to us at email@example.com and we will process your request within a reasonable time after receipt.
If you no longer want any data collected by Child Angel from the Child Angel Device, then you will need to deactivate the service.
Child Angel Terms of Service: